Pre-CERME13 event for Early Career Researchers (online)
First event: 7th of December 2022, time 13:00-17:00 CET
Organising Team Dilan Şahin-Gür (Chair, Germany), Dorota Lembrér (Chair, Sweden), Sigal Rotem (Israel), Raimundo Elicer (Denmark), Andrea Maffia (Italy)
NEW : Download second announcement here (pdf)
YERME is happy to invite Early Career Researchers (PhD students, post-docs) in mathematics education who plan to attend CERME13 (Budapest, Hungary, 2023) to take part in the pre-CERME13 events.
The pre-CERME13 events provide an opportunity to prepare for the congress with different tasks of applying, submitting, and participating in CERME13. In addition, it constitutes an important opportunity for meeting and networking with Early Career Researchers from other countries. The events will be especially useful to first-time CERME participants.
The programme for the pre-CERME13 events for Early Career Researchers in ERME consists of two half-day online events. Each event will address different aspects related to the congress:
EVENT 1: Wednesday, December 7th, 2022 (13:00 – 17:00):
“All about Submitting papers and posters for CERME13”, e.g.
Time slot 13:00 – 14.30
- What is the key idea of CERME as a working congress?
- How to select a Thematic Working Group?
Time slot 15:00 – 17:00
- Submission process: What to be aware of?
- Reviews: How to make and how to take?
EVENT 2: Wednesday, May 31st, 2023, (13:00 – 17:00):
“All about attending CERME13”, e.g.
- Which activities are included in the CERME13 program?
- Presentation (Paper/Poster): What is good to know?
- Chairing and Reacting: How to prepare for discussion?
- Professional Conversations: How to initiate, benefit from, and enjoy?
Sign-up via this form. The online sign-up for EVENT 1 will be available until November 21st at 23:55 CET.
For EVENT 2 sign-up form will be available in May 2023. Pre-CERME13 events are free of charge, and an attendance certificate will be released on request.